NYC Vein Specialists
We Help You Overcome Pain & Embarrassment With Your Legs.
Do You Experience...
What is Venous Reflux?
Trusted by Patients Across New York And Queens
Why New York Vein Docs?
New York Vein Docs uses only the latest medical technology in bringing you the comfort and convenience you deserve for your varicose vein treatment.
Using Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVRFA) we apply Medicare-approved and safe, non-invasive procedures to help you remove varicose veins.
Unlike traditional methods such as ligation and stripping, our procedures do not require cuts over the veins. Our modern procedures also do not require tying the veins and stripping them, which can be prone to infection.
Why You Shouldn't Leave Your Varicose Veins Untreated
While some individuals think that varicose veins are just a cosmetic concern, varicose veins can bring severe complications if left untreated.
- Stubborn pain- Since varicose veins cause reflux or pooling of blood on the veins, poor blood flow becomes the ultimate cause of cramping and aches. Oxygen transmitted by the blood can no longer reach proper areas, which leads to muscle cramping and aches near the veins.
- Infections- Venous disease can bring leg ulcers, which may cause lesions on the skin. When an ulcer is exposed to bacteria, conditions may cause even more discomfort.
- Bleeding- Varicose veins are closest to the skin. They often become embossed on your skin when inflamed, leaving them more susceptible to wounds.
- Swelling- Since blood flow is restricted, blood isn’t pumping properly through your legs. This can cause reflux, which leads your legs to swell.
- Blood Clots- A clot usually forms since blood becomes pooled on your legs. The clots can detach and enter the bloodstream and cause life-threatening conditions such as deep vein thrombosis.
Don’t wait! Seek treatments while still early.
About NYC Vein Clinic
Identify, Treat, Eliminate
Visit Our Convenient Queens Location
111-29 Queens Blvd, Queens, NY 11375
What are Varicose Veins? What are Spider Veins?
In your leg, you have two sets of veins. They are called deep veins and superficial veins.
Deep veins are in the deeper part of the leg where the muscles are, and superficial veins are right under the skin.
In a normal person, the blood would circulate from the feet towards the heart in both sets of veins.
When someone has a venous insufficiency the blood will actually go up the deep veins and then go backwards into the superficial vein.
The blood will start pooling in the superficial veins.
Since the superficial veins are closest to the skin, they will start to bulge and create varicose veins. They are often bluish or purple in color.
Spider Veins are essentially a smaller version of varicose veins. They are red, purple, and blue vessels that are also twisted and turning. They are most often seen on the legs, chest, or face.
Do Varicose Veins ALWAYS Show Physical Symptoms?
No. Varicose veins can occur deeper in the leg, where one can’t see them. Varicose veins are classified under the spectrum of venous insufficiency disease.
Venous insufficiency disease causes leg discomfort, swelling of the ankles and leg, itching, and weariness. Other signs and symptoms may be prickling, cramping, aching, and heaviness of the lower limbs after prolonged standing.
Keep an eye out for these symptoms besides simply visible veins.
Can I Get Rid of Varicose Veins Naturally?
In short, no. Exercise and compression stockings may help reduce some of the symptoms of varicose veins, but usually only medical treatment can effectively get rid of a varicose vein.
What Happens If I Don’t Treat Varicose Veins?
Progression of varicose veins can be dangerous as they may later become venous ulcerations. When left without treatment, complications may ensure including rashes, infections, bleeding, sores, and blood clots.
In rare cases, varicose veins can cause deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism which is life-threatening.
What Insurance do You Take?
What is Your Process? How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
1) Consult – We first start you with a consultation where you will be listened to and encounter a friendly staff that will make sure you get the best care. That care will come from Dr. Islam and his expertly trained team, and will include a provider and an ultrasonographer on the first visit.
2) Ultra Sound – After the consult, we move on to the assessment where we provide you an accurate diagnosis. You will get the same day ultrasound and results on site while you see the provider. This will get you back to life as swiftly as possible.
3) Treatment Plan – After we conclude our assessment, we will provide you with a treatment plan.
There are many different options such as Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVRFA), radiofrequency, VenasealTM , sclerotherapy, pneumatic compression, and more. We will ensure that you get the perfect customized treatment based on your needs and outcome goals.
Learn more by visiting “Our Process” page or by clicking here.
Does the Treatment Hurt?
It is normal to have some minor discomfort during the procedure. We will do everything that we can to make this as relaxing and comfortable of an experience as possible.
After the procedure, patients may experience minor bruising or discomfort in the area of the treated vein, that normally resolves in 3-4 weeks.
Overall, patients report via minimal pain / discomfort and are able to go back to doing the things they love.
How Long Does it Take to Recover From Varicose Vein Treatment?
Patients usually return to work and activities the very same day.
Very little downtime is needed for our treatments.
Areas We Serve:
Queens | Bronx | Manhattan | Brooklyn | Staten Island
Neighborhoods We Serve:
Astoria | Flushing | Jackson Heights | Jamaica | Queens Village